>> Wednesday, April 8, 2009
1. Take 1 cup sugar and mix it with 2 cups water.
2. Simmer till the sugar is dissolved. Taste to make sure that the sugar syrup is little over sweet. The bread slices need to be fried and soaked in this sugar syrup.
1. Take oil in a pan and heat it for deep frying
2. In the meantime take the bread slices and cut circles from it. You can take any shape you want. Just make sure to cut the hard corners of the slices.
3. Now deep fry each circle so that both sides are evenly browned.
4. Drain the extra oil and immerse the fried slice into the sugar syrup for 1 minute.
5. Remove the slice from the syrup and drain off the extra syrup.
6. Pour a thick layer of rabdi on top of the slice.
7. Perform steps 2 to 6 for all the slices.
8. Put the slices in the oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and garnish with dry fruits. I also used gajar (carrot) halwa for garnishing.